Wednesday 13 October 2010

Weight Animation Exercise

I animated this frame by frame using pose to pose method in flash. I had previously filmed myself and incorporated different poses from all the videos I had for reference. I then animated the in betweens after the key poses were mapped out and then moved frames around to slow r speed things up if I wasn't happy with the timing. If I was able to revisit this, I would take a closer look at the style as I deliberately drew the body through the box for the aesthetic value of the animation, however after looking at it over and over again, I feel it doesn't work and confuses the idea of the box being a physical object. That said I chose to animate with more of a realistic feeling with minimal squash and stretch and exaggeration and focusing more on the anticipation of the characters approach to picking up the object to give the viewer the impression of something heavy laying before the viewer.

Weight_assignment from Anima Films on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment