Tuesday 19 October 2010

Experimental Animation

At the moment I am experimenting with Line and Wave Forms for my experimental animation ideas. Over the weekend I used a camera to film things that I could find that would give me interesting reference footage such as, water, curtain, radiators, walls, carpets. Anything that had strong lines. I am planning to take this reference footage and use it for drawing onto 16/30 mm film. As I only have a small canvas to play with on 16/30mm I thought it would be best to keep things simple so using lines and wave forms seems appropriate. If I can not work on film, I will attempt to work with water and lights using pixilation animation.

This was done filming the drapes in my room. As thread them together it creates a psychadelic wave optical illusion. I am planing on brining some of the drape fabric in and experiment with it under a light box if I have time.

drapes2 from Anima Films on Vimeo.



This was a lined shirt I had hung up in the wardrobe. The filming is a bit dark but as I said earlier it is only going to be used for reference.

shirt from Anima Films on Vimeo.



This is a close of a quilt. Again focusing more on the movement of how the camera picks up the lines to use as reference.

abstract_lines_test from Anima Films on Vimeo.



This is a close up of a radiator.

rad_test from Anima Films on Vimeo.



(I will be uploading the water I filmed as well as some footage I have minipulated once I have uploaded them to vimeo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment