Sunday 11 October 2009

Assignment One Overview

After receiving my first assignment of a "12 frame circle animation morph" I decided to go to the library for some sort of inspiration. I ended up in the "Occult and Strange Phenomenon" section, where I rented out a few books of interest. One of them was called "Sacred Geometry by Nigel Pennick".




I immediately decided to use the images in this book for my 12 frame animation. The two I decided upon were "The Vesica Piscis And The Outline Of The Great Pyramid" and "The Seal Of Babalon". I played around with both ideas until I came to the conclusion I was going to use "The Seal Of Babalon" but only concentrating on the inner symbol because I was more fond of the image and what it represents.



I was almost certain I was going to use this image however before I went into the studio again I played around with some more ideas. One of which was a "Sperm and Egg" combination with a morphing image of a Yin-Yang shape to a heart. I did like the idea but because it was only going to be 12 frames long I scraped it. I also played around with the concept of the chakra's of the human body, beginning with a morph from the chest (which is the 4th heart chakra) out to reveal a person meditating. Again, just like the first idea It seemed to long winded for a 1 second animation so I stayed with the Sacred Geometrical shape idea.




I ended up adapting the sperm idea to a comet disintegrating in space, as they both have a similar shape. I ended up doing 2 ideas, not to be a ponce but because I had help all the way through the process of using stop motion pro software for the first animation, and I needed to do it twice to gain the confidence to do it properly on my own. I used only ink in my animations however I feel that they are both in need of colour.







No comments:

Post a Comment